Who’s behind Body Délice ®?
Hi there! I’m Sophie, I’m French, and I am the Founder of Body Délice. I currently live in the amazing city of Santa Cruz in California.
When I’m not drinking a cup of tea, I’m making my own cosmetics! For instance, I’ve been crafting toothpaste, shampoos, deodorants, lotions, moisturizers, hair gel… For that reason, I love trying new recipes and I confess, my husband is my favorite guinea pig!
When we decided to come to live in the US, I got certified in making traditional cold process soap. Then, I created Body Délice, an online business of natural bath and body products to share with you my passion!
I was born and raised in Lyon, the third largest city of France.
Also called “The City of Light“, Lyon is famous for its “Festival of Lights” on December 8th. Supposedly, the Virgin Mary saved the city from a deadly plague in the Middle Ages. Since then, the inhabitants of Lyon traditionally place candles at their windows sills on December 8th. Then they enjoy light shows all over the city!
Besides that, Lyon is also well known for its gastronomy:
- quenelle, fish dish formed into an egg-like shape
- salade lyonnaise, lettuce, bacon, poached egg, and croûtons
- coq au vin, red wine rooster stew
- andouillette and rosette, kind of sausages
- marron glacé, chestnut candied
- coussin de Lyon, tidbit with chocolate, honey, sugar, almonds, and curaçao
- cervelles de canut, cheese with herbs, vinegar, salt, pepper, and olive oil